Update COVID-19 - online event

It has been decided that this workshop will be held online in order to avoid further postponement.

To receive the connexion link, please click here: https://ec-nantes.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_uyastKtPSbuWz0_t9w2TRQ

Context and objectives

The aim of this workshop is to train the scientific and technical marine renewable energies community to the opportunities and challenges of power-to-X (hydrogen, power-to-gas, power-to-liquid), which may be an alternative to grid-connection for the export of the energy production.

Indeed, at present, only 40% of the annual production of primary energy is used for power genration. The other 60% corresponds to the production of fuels, chemicals and raw materials for transport, construction and even industry.

One possible pathwayfor the decarbonization of these sectors is the production of carbon-neutral fuels, chemicals and raw materials from renewable electricity using power-to-gas (P2G) or power-to-liquid processes (P2L). An example is the production of green hydrogen by electrolysis of water from electricity produced by offshore wind turbines, or methane by methanation, etc.

Through the contributions of scientific and industry experts, this workshop will provide an overview of the state of the art of these technologies and will present examples of pilot installations.
 

Date, venue and registration

The workshop will be held online on July, 2nd, 2020. The workshop is expected to start at 9:30 and finish by 15:10.

Attendance is free of charge. However, registration is required (see registration tab on the left on this webpage).

e
Online user: 1